When to change my headlight?
Every type of headlight has its lifespan, some can last for 2 years, others can last for 3 years. One important rule is don’t wait until it’s broke or complete die then to change your headlight, it’s way too dangerous. There are few signs for your reference.
- The lens is yellowish or the housing is black. This means your lights have been using for a long time and needs to be changed.
- Generally, a halogen light can be used for 500 hours, HID lights for 3000 hours and LED lights for 20,000 hours or more. If your lights have been used that amount of time, you should get your light changed.
- The light fades or flickers. This is the sign of your light is about to die.
How to choose a good LED headlight?
There are few factors you should take into consideration when choosing a LED headlight:
- Lumen — Normally, more lumen means the light will be brighter. However, the higher lumen, chances are more power draw required and more likely to speed up the light depreciation. Based on the make and model of your car, the lumen will be verified.
- Color temperature — for the lead headlight, the color temperature around 5000K is enough. If the color temperature is too high, the light can not penetrate the fog or snow. And it’s easy to blind the drivers and passengers.
- Power — The more power it requires, the more heat will be generated. So it’s crucial to choose a led headlight with fast heat dissipation. You need to pay attention to what kind of material of technology the headlight applies to conduct the heat.
Tips for replacing the LED headlight?
You might want to watch the installation videos before you getting start, it’ much straightforward. Before you do it, there are few things you need to be careful:
- Keep your hands dry and clean. Sweat and dust can do damage to the light bulbs. It’d be better to wear a pair of gloves.
- Put on the electrostatic ring when installing, do not connect the wrong power supply.
- Use a bit of dielectric grease can help to get better electrical contact.
- Check the cut off and make sure the angle is right.